Friday, April 8, 2011

Newsletter 4.8.11

Marble Jar Party
The fourth graders have earned another Marble Jar Party which will be celebrated on Friday, April 15.  We will vote on the movie that we will see later this week.  Students may bring in snacks to share for the party.

Research Paper Continues
We have completed the note cards and the outline.  We are moving on to creating the Bibliography page and starting a first draft.  Keep asking your student about their research project.  It is a project that takes quite a bit of time and effort over a long period.  Keep in mind that it is still fourth grade, they will have plenty of opportunity to hone their skills later in their academic career.  The purpose is to get their feet wet and learn to appreciate that writing a paper of this magnitude is a process.

Upcoming Tests
We will have a Math test on Friday, April 15, and an English test on Monday, April 18.

Thank You
I want to send a belated thank you to all families who purchased books for our classroom from the Book Fair last month.  I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the parents, grandparents and friends of my classroom.  Your gift is greatly appreciated.  All of the books that I "wished for" were bought.

April Book Report
Our April book project will be Literature Sets.  The students participated in Lit. Sets last semester.  The date for beginning the Lit. Set has not yet been determined.  It may be later in the month and carry over to May.  I know the students enjoyed the experience the last time we did it and I look forward to another batch of great reading.

LHS Fine Arts Festival
Lutheran High is hosing a Fine Arts Festival this Saturday, April 9, starting at 1:00 PM.  The fourth graders art will be on display at the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment